The Buyer Experience
What is Title Insurance?
We conduct a comprehensive title search to make sure your ownership is free and clear of any issues. A title insurance policy will protect your investment and give you peace of mind that your ownership is free and clear of any issues.
The cost is minimal and is only paid once. There are no renewal premiums, and there’s no expiration date on the policy. The protection lasts as long as you – or your heirs – maintain an interest in the property. It’s security that lasts.
Your Path to a Succesful Closing
1. File is Opened
When we recieve your purchase agreement.
2. Welcome Documents Sent
Seller information request form is sent to the sellers via a secure email link.
Payoff Authorization Form sent to sellers via secure email link.
3. Pre-Sign & Closing Schedule
Pre-sign date and time for sellers is scheduled.
Closing date and time for buyers is scheduled.
4. Settlement Statement Complete
Seller recieves Settlement Statement for review, prior to pre-sign.
5. Pre-Sign Complete
Sellers attend and sign required documents.
6. Closing Day
Buyers attend closing and sign required documents.
Sellers recieve proceeds.
What Buyers Should Bring to Closing
- A valid, government issued photo ID/DMV Paperwork (if applicable)
- Green Card (if applicable)
- Spouse (if applicable)
- Any required documents as requested by your closing team. For example, Certified Divorce Decrees, Probate Documents, Power of Attorney, Death Certificate, etc.
- The Funds required to close. Only good/certified funds are accepted for closing (Cashiers Check or Wire)
- For Wire funding, please contact North Title and/or Financial Institution to confirm wire instructions prior to wiring any funds.
- When wiring, coordinate the wire transfer with your financial institution as transfers may take up to 72 hours or possibly longer.